Our approach ensures that clients undertake SharePoint projects for the right reasons. ‘To get people to visit the site’ isn’t a reason in itself.
There must be Business Benefit – increasing efficiencies, improving the culture, collaborating effectively, better enterprise search and other factors need to be derived for the project to be a success.
SharePoint Business Value
Many SharePoint consultancies and developers tend to go straight to solution mode for a client. They may produce something that the clients wants, but if no-one in the business ends up using the solution, then the project has failed.
We find that if you don’t try to target the business value of SharePoint in an organisation, then even of it looks good, in the end people won’t visit – and the project will fail.
This is not surprising at all. A lot of SharePoint projects are driven by Communications and IT departments. These departments have their own ideas of what an intranet should contain, and may miss out on some key business benefits.
- Address gaping issues that affect everyone, for example provide a staff directory if one doesn’t exist
- Foster collaboration within and between departments to reduce the daily grind tasks
- Build mini SharePoint applications to replace manual processes. If you rely too much on email, then know that there are much better ways of doing things these days
- Make sure people actually use the intranet to do real work, not just read the news. They don’t have time to read the news – because they are working in old ways rather than leveraging SharePoint
- Ensure SharePoint Search is accurate and reliable
- Only provide tools that people are going to need and use
- Get around the business and address their pain points
What a lot of people tend to forget when they are creating a website or SharePoint intranet is the users. If your SharePoint audience is not engaged in the process of designing and architecting the site, then you may miss out on critical information that will impact the success of the site. For example, you may think that people really need to read the latest company news, or it’s critical for them to access HR forms. However if you actually ask some people what they need, you may find a different response altogether.
UX Centred Design
Given the speed at which people navigate through websites and systems, a clearly designed interface is more essential than ever. People expect to find what they need quickly – or they give up. Desktop, tablet and mobile experience all need to be catered for. We bring our UX skills to the fore in every project, so that our clients enjoy clean, clear and precise experiences every time.
Scalable and robust
At WebVine we believe that working across SharePoint is a WIN-WIN for everyone. A win for IT, the business, Communications, suppliers, clients and more.
And we strive to ensure our clients do indeed win with SharePoint. We have seen many losses, some of them heavy, when clients undertake SharePoint projects (with the best intentions) and do not succeed. This leads to loss of morale, loss of budget, and lack of faith in SharePoint. In the end, no-one wins.
We ensure your SharePoint project is a win-win. Contact WebVine today.