Producing an engaging SharePoint design is essential.
Due to the ease of use of smartphones and tablets, people’s usability and design expectations are higher than ever. Intranets are sometimes average to look at, and suﬀer from poor usability. If design and usability are not prioritised, people will ﬁnd engaging with your intranet diﬃcult.
Many times we have consulted with staff who are requesting a large wish list for their newly designed intranet. They complain that certain features or functionality isn’t available on the current site. But having reviewed the site, we find that these features actually already exist.
It’s due to the poor design and site usability that people don’t think these features exist. So with nothing more than a SharePoint redesign and usability improvement, the new site can be a vast improvement, with users finding what they need.
- Appropriate weighting is given to content, so it’s clear what is meant to stand out
- Space, don’t make things too crowded
- Not too much content if possible, people scan rather than read on the web
- Appropriate use of colours and usage of the company's brand where possible
- Keeping things simple
- Make sure your intranet is easy to use on all devices
- And in SharePoint, try to make it look less SharePointy 🙂
You can have an awesome Intranet without designing from scratch, contact us to see our ready-built Intranet designs.